The Aa church is from the middle ages and situated in the center of Groningen, the Netherlands. In 1247 the chapel became the parish church. The church was named ‘onze lieve vrouwe ter Aa’ (our sweet woman at the Aa). The ‘Aa) is a nearby river. At that time Groningen had two centers. One of them was around the chapel. Here lived the traders and fishermen.
Download Size: 4,1 MB
To the extent possible under law, Skitterphoto has waived all copyright and related or neighboring rights to Der Aa church.